Wednesday, 31 December 2008

1000 up on IMDb

Today I completed a project to have commented on 1000 films on IMDb.com by the start of 2009. The 1000th (and 1001st) have been, somewhat by accident, potted reviews of two of the greatest films ever made, The Godfather, Parts 1 & 2.

Of course, I have been offering my thoughts on TV shows, videoed opera productions, shorts and the occasional blue-ribbon music video in the past, so 1000 comments probably equates to 960 feature films. I've also written a number of comments on films that I saw once a decade ago and will never see again, I hope - however, I don't find this at all invalid as I think that the impression a film makes, particularly one that lasts for a significant period, can be valuable to share. There are, conversely, a number of films which I'd like to write on but which I really must see once again to do them justice, such as the Ishiguro adaptation The Remains of the Day and the Coen Brothers outstanding masterpiece Fargo.

Still a landmark is worth celebrating and this is as good a day as any on which to do it. Happy New Year to you all.

No comments: