Wednesday, 28 October 2009

London Film Festival digest

I have now seen my last screening at the London Film Festival. I had a super time and felt really drawn into the circus. Here's a digest post of all the Festival blog posts I made over the fortnight.

Fantastic Mr Fox
Culture Show LFF Special
Up In The Air
The Limits Of Control
The White Ribbon
Chloe and Julianne Moore
Precious and other Vue irritances (for the record, on balance I think that the Vue Leicester Square did a pretty good job!)

My favourite film of the festival was probably Precious although I also thought Up In The Air was rather brilliant too. On the downside, I could have done without BFI staff eating popcorn next to me loudly during the Surprise film - and for that Surprise film not to have been a politicised documentary, a startling choice for that slot. Still, a surprise it was.

I'm sure I'll be back next year, knowing better how to pace myself and how much fun it can be. My one hope is that it remains a non-competitive festival, which I think may be at the very heart of its success.

UPDATE: Lovely antidote to all the pushy, flashbulb-pop-of-youth 'glamour' that necessarily comes with a latter day film festival.

No comments: