Saturday, 9 October 2010

Science is Vital

There's a rally today in central London in protest at cuts to UK science funding.

I however, won't be going. Apart from saving my energy for campaigning against arts cuts, I read Jon Ronson's the article in today's Guardian about the rap duo Insane Clown Posse. An aggressive, misogynist and foul-mouthed hip hop outfit recently self-outed as ironic/scheming evangelical Christians, they proselytise on behalf of the omnipotent with a song called Miracles, including this couplet:
Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
And I don't wanna talk to a scientist
Y'all motherfuckers lying and
getting me pissed.
Maybe they'll be at the rally today and actually turn out to be cunning, if crude, pro-scientific satirists. Oh, hang on, the satire's already been done.

No comments: