Saturday, 28 December 2013

2013 Top Five Films

Bizarrely, I could almost compile a top five of films I wish I had seen but didn't. Couldn't we all? Well, I really should have taken myself to see Before Midnight, the third in Richard Linklater's ongoing exercise in the forensic study of a contemporary romance. If the trajectory of Before Sunset is anything to go by, the film remains just this side of ironically self-aware, maintaining the fiction that allows it to probe truth-through-drama (oooh!). I also managed to sidestep Behind The Candelabra, Blue Is The Warmest Colour, Frances Ha, The Selfish Giant, Filth, Captain Philips and Rush.

However, that is it really. I did get to see Gravity (in 2D), Nebraska, Side Effects, The Great Beauty and Stoker and enjoyed them all very much. Happy New Year!

No comments: